- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 medium cauliflower head
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 sweet pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 oz (or a single serving) of fettuccini pasta
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- Heat a large skillet with the olive oil at low heat. Coarsely cut the onion and garlic into small to medium pieces and add to the skillet. Sauté until soft and caramelized. Set aside.
- Separately, cook pasta al dente. Set aside.
- In a cleared skillet, finely chop the sweet peppers until tender. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop the cauliflower and add to a steam tray over boiling water. Steam until tender.
- Add the tender cauliflower, onion, and garlic to a blender. Add the vegetable broth, plant-based milk, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Open the blender and taste that bad boy. Like it? I thought you would. If not, add a bit of salt to taste careful to watch your sodium intake as salt can raise your blood pressure.
- Pour cauliflower sauce over cooked pasta. Top with cooked sweet peppers and nutritional yeast.
- Reserve additional sauce.
- Serve to your friends and family to silence them when they ask when you’re going to finally have kids.